Steps for Rolling Out Your Own Community Card Program
1. NAME. Name your card, send Yiftee your card name and the name, address and contact info (email, phone) of the person in charge (likely you!)
2. AGREEMENT. Sign the Community Card Agreement and return it to Yiftee. We will then set up your Community Card Portal and send you an email with your account name and temporary password
3. BRANDING. You will need the following for set-up (don’t sweat this – you can change it anytime)
a. Card image, 300x200 pixels, horizontal layout
b. Background image, 1000x500 pixels, horizontal layout
c. Your logo, 500x500 pixels
4. SIGN UP MERCHANTS. Prepare a spreadsheet of merchants who may be participating in the card. See template for info required. You can use the messages in the Overview document attached to announce/explain the program. Yiftee provides a one-pager for merchants explaining the program. If it’s easier, you can send us your whole membership to upload and they won’t be visible on the card until they run their Activation Cards and opt-in to the program.
5. SET-UP and ADD LINK. Either you or Yiftee can set up your Card in your Portal with the above info – it’s quick and easy. Add the link to buy a Card to your website and tell the merchants to do the same. Make it easy for consumers to find!
6. PLAN LAUNCH. Plan a launch event so that you have a deadline to get merchants to run their Activation Cards and kick off the program. This can be as simple as getting a local publication to run a press release for you. Yiftee can provide a template for that.
7. ACTIVATE MERCHANTS. Send out the Activation Cards to the participating merchants. You can send them to the merchants directly via email, or to yourself if you want to take them to the shops and get them to run the cards personally. Yiftee will provide a one pager on how to redeem your cards that you can send to the merchants to post for their cashiers.
8. RECRUIT CORPORATE CARD BUYERS. Send out a message to potential corporate buyers of your Cards to jumpstart sales. Yiftee will provide a draft copy for this too.
9. ONGOING MARKETING. This is up to you. We suggest that you create window clings with your Card branding on it and have participating merchants put them in their shops. Other signage near shop registers also helps to build awareness, or small takeaway cards like business cards that people can pick up at key locations. We’re happy to brainstorm ideas and provide templates for various programs.
10. CUSTOMER SUPPORT. Refer customers and merchants with questions about cards or redemption to email@example.com and we will be happy to address their issues promptly.